Welcome to my blog!

Surprised as I am to say it, a new year has just begun. And as per tradition I have made several new years resolutions to myself. In order to self-motivate and help myself stay on track I decided to start a blog. I will be blogging about my photography, my passion for dance, my trails and errors with learning yoga and snowboarding, cooking, music, movies and anything else I may find interesting along the way.

I currently pursing my bachelors in Event Management in Burlington, VT and will be planning several fund-raising events in the future. I will be posting information about the events and encourage you to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

My favorite Disney movie as of lately has been Alice in Wonderland and after choosing my blog title I decide to use an appropriate pen name, just for fun.

My goal is to be posting every day but I will settle for weekly, we'll see how it goes.
Constructive criticism, questions or clarification, helpful tips or advice and positive thoughts are encouraged :)
xoxoAlice

Check out all of my photography: http://www.flickr.com/photos/throughthelookingglass23

Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm Dreaming of a Spacious Kitchen

Cuz lord knows I'm not dreaming of a White Christmas anymore....

But we are finally seeing signs of spring!! :) I got to go down to North Beach with a girlfriend this weekend and try out my camera since it's finally nice enough outside to get some great outdoorsy shots (nothing beats natural lighting).

Click on the picture to go to my Flickr and see the rest of the pictures I took Saturday.

It was great to finally get out side and enjoy the fresh air without freezing my ass off.

Now back to why I started this post.

While stumbling around the internet I came across what I now think is my favorite blog ever, Sugar Derby. She has the cutest ideas and recipes that I am now dying to make.

Unfortunately being the college student that I am, not all of the supplies are readily at hand not to mention the lack of space and clean dishes available for baking.

Imagine this except for dishes covering 75% of the already small amount of counter space.

I try to bake whenever I get the chance but nothing quite as elaborate as The Ultimate Ice Cream Cake Cookie Pie. Those look absolutely delicious and I can't wait to try them out.

Of course thinking about baking makes me think about my dream kitchen that I will have in my home at some point before I die. It looks something like this:

Double ovens for lots of baking projects, a large stove top, TONS of counter space, a large bar/island and lots of cabinets (I'm also assuming a dishwashers behind the bar). It has everything I could ever need!

I would also add a wine rack instead of a cabinet on the end of the island and mini bar on the island, a bigger sink is definite; two sided and deep, with a pantry off of the kitchen and I would change the color pallet completely depending on what the rest of my house looks like.
But to truly make it my dream kitchen, it needs to over look whatever back yard I might have. I like a lot of natural light in my living space so lots of windows over looking pretty things :)

I can't wait until I can have a beautiful gathering space to host lots of parties with family and friends. I think food is sooo important when it comes to sharing good times with loves ones. Cooking is something that comes from the heart, as they say "Made with Love", and there is nothing better then sharing the fruits of your labor with the people you enjoy spending time with. I got to cook Thanksgiving for my family this year and I loved it so much I hope to do it from now on.


It's getting late and all this talk of food is making me hungry so I'm off to find a midnight snack then hit the sack (silly rhyme not intended).

Nighty night loves,
Alice

2 comments:

  1. Alice, I love your background pattern! I hope you get your dream kitchen sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I decided it was time for a Spring Face Lift :)

    And I hope so too. One day...

    ReplyDelete