Welcome to my blog!

Surprised as I am to say it, a new year has just begun. And as per tradition I have made several new years resolutions to myself. In order to self-motivate and help myself stay on track I decided to start a blog. I will be blogging about my photography, my passion for dance, my trails and errors with learning yoga and snowboarding, cooking, music, movies and anything else I may find interesting along the way.

I currently pursing my bachelors in Event Management in Burlington, VT and will be planning several fund-raising events in the future. I will be posting information about the events and encourage you to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

My favorite Disney movie as of lately has been Alice in Wonderland and after choosing my blog title I decide to use an appropriate pen name, just for fun.

My goal is to be posting every day but I will settle for weekly, we'll see how it goes.
Constructive criticism, questions or clarification, helpful tips or advice and positive thoughts are encouraged :)
xoxoAlice

Check out all of my photography: http://www.flickr.com/photos/throughthelookingglass23

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Catch Up

So I have been slacking on my 365 but here are the last few days...

Photo number nineteen:
A Beautiful Tradition

My school hired a henna artist today so I got free henna! I think it is so pretty, I wish I could have gotten something more elaborate and on both hands but since it was free we only got a small one.

Photo number eighteen:
Fire & Ice

I was walking through campus on my way to class, running a little late of course, and saw this guy on a bench and thought it was so cute! I was going to wait until after class to take the picture but I didn't want to chance it getting ruined so I snapped a quick picture and went off to class.

Photo number seventeen:
Good Morning Bob! Enjoying Your Breakfast?

This is Bob our resident squirrel friend :) He likes to frequent our front porch looking for food, this particular day he found himself a waffle fry. Our sub-letters from the summer said they would wake up and Bob would be in the house on their bed or trying to steal food from the kitchen, he just doesn't give up.

Photo number sixteen:
Untitled

I was walking to class the other day and the vines on brick looked cool and has a really interesting texture. I also enjoy taking perspective pictures like this because I like the depth it creates. I also love the contrast of the bright red, white and black.

Photo number fifteen:
A Splash of Color on a Snowy Day

Again, walking around campus I noticed this bright red tree and thought it was intriguing so I naturally I stopped to take a picture. I wish there had been a field or more snow behind the tree to make the tree stand out way more.

Photo number fourteen:
Downtown

This is Church Street, the popular shopping street in downtown Burlington; known for its shopping, unique dining and the college bars. In the winter they hang christmas lights everywhere and when it snows it is beautiful. I am very disappointed with this picture and plan on a retake when I get a tri-pod. When the flash is on the lights are washed out, but with out a flash and steady hand the picture comes out blurry. Also a tragic event took place when I tried to take this picture and now I have a cracked screen :( But the camera still works so that is a blessing...





6 comments:

  1. i absolutely love picture fifteen of that tree on campus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picture of the squirrel is kind of horrifying. I have an irrational fear of squirrels...well it's not really irrational, I have good reason to be.


    http://zpnotesfromunderground.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the henna art! And great pictures. "Downtown" is beautiful too. Photography is one of my favorite things to do (when it's not so cold outside!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Horrifying was not the vibe I was going for, my apologies ZP. May I ask why the fear of squirrels?

    Thanks Hannah! I can't wait to take a much better version of "Downtown" with the tri-pod I forgot I had but found the other day :)

    ReplyDelete