Welcome to my blog!

Surprised as I am to say it, a new year has just begun. And as per tradition I have made several new years resolutions to myself. In order to self-motivate and help myself stay on track I decided to start a blog. I will be blogging about my photography, my passion for dance, my trails and errors with learning yoga and snowboarding, cooking, music, movies and anything else I may find interesting along the way.

I currently pursing my bachelors in Event Management in Burlington, VT and will be planning several fund-raising events in the future. I will be posting information about the events and encourage you to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

My favorite Disney movie as of lately has been Alice in Wonderland and after choosing my blog title I decide to use an appropriate pen name, just for fun.

My goal is to be posting every day but I will settle for weekly, we'll see how it goes.
Constructive criticism, questions or clarification, helpful tips or advice and positive thoughts are encouraged :)
xoxoAlice

Check out all of my photography: http://www.flickr.com/photos/throughthelookingglass23

Friday, January 21, 2011

Creative Funk

Some call it writer's block, but I prefer to call it a creative funk. Senior year I took my last four required classes and six electives (art classes naturally) I needed to graduate and spent most of my free blocks in the art room completing homework and doing personal projects. After school I spent about fifteen hours a week at the dance studio and I loved it. Sadly I haven't had the time or resources to pursue these passions and have been in a creative funk of sorts. The only way I can describe the feeling is to relate it to cabin fever; but instead of feeling trapped inside a house, my thoughts seem to be stuck in this metaphorical box everyone's always talking about.

Lately I have been finding ways to do some of my old hobbies again. The other night I found my acrylic paint set while cleaning my room and immediately looked around the room to find something for me to paint. I didn't find anything and was left with a make shift palette full of untouched paint. Perfect opportunity to grab my camera.

Here is photo twenty-one:


Creative Space

This is one of the many reasons I love my campus, the views are beautiful no matter what season (promise to do a "Four Seasons" mini series type thing) but this picture doesn't do winter any justice. This is the view from my desk at work I look at as I sip my tea getting ready to start my day at 9 am, don't judge this is early in the life of a college student. The beatuy of the snow gently falling everywhere always seems to cheer me up despite the drive from hell I just endured to get here.

Photo number twenty:
Winter Inside And Out

No comments:

Post a Comment