Welcome to my blog!

Surprised as I am to say it, a new year has just begun. And as per tradition I have made several new years resolutions to myself. In order to self-motivate and help myself stay on track I decided to start a blog. I will be blogging about my photography, my passion for dance, my trails and errors with learning yoga and snowboarding, cooking, music, movies and anything else I may find interesting along the way.

I currently pursing my bachelors in Event Management in Burlington, VT and will be planning several fund-raising events in the future. I will be posting information about the events and encourage you to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

My favorite Disney movie as of lately has been Alice in Wonderland and after choosing my blog title I decide to use an appropriate pen name, just for fun.

My goal is to be posting every day but I will settle for weekly, we'll see how it goes.
Constructive criticism, questions or clarification, helpful tips or advice and positive thoughts are encouraged :)
xoxoAlice

Check out all of my photography: http://www.flickr.com/photos/throughthelookingglass23

Monday, January 17, 2011

Words To Live By; Count Your Blessings

"You cannot go around and keep score. If you keep score on the good things and the bad things, you'll find out that you're a very miserable person. God gave man the ability to forget, which is one of the greatest attributes you have. Because if you remember everything that's happened to you, you generally remember that which is the most unfortunate."
-Hubert H. Humphrey

endless Hope

This quote came from my iGoogle home page from the Motivational Quotes app. I thought it was inspirational because I tend to be really hard on myself when it comes to small mistakes and dwell on them for a long time. I have also been focusing a lot on the negative things in my life lately like being broke and knowing I will start my adult life with about $100,000 worth of college debt, being torn between loving Vermont but missing my friends and family, and feeling like somehow I would have been happier being 20 years old in the sixties lol. This Christmas break I realized how much I missed and love my family and wish I could spend more time with them but it's hard being a two and a half hour drive away.
This quote reminded me to take a second to count my blessings because they are truly what life is about.

My amazing family who has always, and will always have my back and support me with anything I do as long as it makes me happy. I can't thank them enough for everything they have done for me.
My loving boyfriend who has been my immediate support system for the last year and a half and would do anything for me, endures my often too frequent, (but it's one more thing I'm working on changing) whining, crying temper tantrums and constant need to be the center of his attention and hasn't ran screaming.
His wonderful family who took me into their hearts and home this summer. They are great people and treated me like their daughter even though they just met me.
My best friend who has stuck by me and supported my decisions without judgment and manages to find the time to come see me despite her schedule and the drive.
My best friend, shopping buddy, GPS navigation system and fellow child at heart who I miss a ton and am super happy for her recent engagement :)
My opportunity to get a college education. Even though classes are long and homework is brutal and all of this is costing me $40,000 a year, I know that having a college education is a great opportunity that will give me a better life in the future and I need to appreciate it more.
Having a roof over my head, food in my kitchen, love in my heart and clothes on my back and amazing people to share my life with.

Forget the bad, put it in the past, live to love because if you don't you have nothing to live for.

xoxo Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment