Welcome to my blog!

Surprised as I am to say it, a new year has just begun. And as per tradition I have made several new years resolutions to myself. In order to self-motivate and help myself stay on track I decided to start a blog. I will be blogging about my photography, my passion for dance, my trails and errors with learning yoga and snowboarding, cooking, music, movies and anything else I may find interesting along the way.

I currently pursing my bachelors in Event Management in Burlington, VT and will be planning several fund-raising events in the future. I will be posting information about the events and encourage you to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

My favorite Disney movie as of lately has been Alice in Wonderland and after choosing my blog title I decide to use an appropriate pen name, just for fun.

My goal is to be posting every day but I will settle for weekly, we'll see how it goes.
Constructive criticism, questions or clarification, helpful tips or advice and positive thoughts are encouraged :)
xoxoAlice

Check out all of my photography: http://www.flickr.com/photos/throughthelookingglass23

Friday, January 14, 2011

Vinyasa Flow Yoga

Today was a very relaxing day, probably the last of its kind for a while.
When I signed up for classes I made sure I had no Friday classes so I could go to my internship, however I did not have to go this week so I woke up showered, got some lunch and made a coffee shake in my personal blender I got for christmas. I drove D (my boyfriend) to class and went to the Vinyasa Flow Yoga Class that was being held on campus at the same time.
This was my first yoga class ever and I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to doing more of it.



I found this video on YouTube and thought it was one of the easiest to follow for a beginner. So I clicked on the channel and they had tons of different yoga routines such as yoga for flat feet, when you have your period, mood lifting, and even yoga for anxiety.
This is absolutely perfect because I would really like to do some yoga everyday and with these videos it's super convenient for me to do on my own time.

The one simplest Vinyasa sequences, and the only one I remember from one class, involves just two movements and is called the cat-cow stretch:
  1. Begin on all fours.
  2. Inhaling, you lift your tailbone and chest and drop your navel towards the floor.
  3. Exhaling, tuck your tailbone under, arch the spine towards the ceiling, and tuck the chin to chest.

This can be repeated several times and is an easy stretch to help de-stress and stretch your back out to warm up or wind down.

2 comments:

  1. I love your photos :) and I never even thught about Yoga for periods. I'm checking out her videos right now! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I know me either! Kinda neat.
    No problem! Hope to post more yoga related tips in the future.

    ReplyDelete