Welcome to my blog!

Surprised as I am to say it, a new year has just begun. And as per tradition I have made several new years resolutions to myself. In order to self-motivate and help myself stay on track I decided to start a blog. I will be blogging about my photography, my passion for dance, my trails and errors with learning yoga and snowboarding, cooking, music, movies and anything else I may find interesting along the way.

I currently pursing my bachelors in Event Management in Burlington, VT and will be planning several fund-raising events in the future. I will be posting information about the events and encourage you to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

My favorite Disney movie as of lately has been Alice in Wonderland and after choosing my blog title I decide to use an appropriate pen name, just for fun.

My goal is to be posting every day but I will settle for weekly, we'll see how it goes.
Constructive criticism, questions or clarification, helpful tips or advice and positive thoughts are encouraged :)
xoxoAlice

Check out all of my photography: http://www.flickr.com/photos/throughthelookingglass23

Friday, January 7, 2011

New York, New York


"These little town blues, are melting away I'll make a brand new start of it - in old New York If i can make it there, I'll make it anywhere It's up to you - New York, New York" -Frank Sinatra

Coming from a small town I never spent much time in the city, save for a few trips to Boston and one quick day trip to NYC in high school. Being a dancer I know all about Broadway and 42nd street and all the opportunities cities offer to dancers other performing artists; however I have no desire to ever reside in the city, too busy and crowded for my taste, but I love visiting and wish I could do it more often.




These City Streets


I got the opportunity to go back to New York City this past week when my boyfriend and his parents took me out for the day. We drove into the city and walked to the St. Patrick's Cathedral.

Then we walked to Rockefeller Center and looked at the big Christmas Tree and the famous ice rink.


Next on the tour was Radio City Music Hall, M&Ms World, then Times Square.


I wanna be a Rockette



The Great Wall Of Chocolate



Happy New Years New York!



Central Park. Next time I go on the city I want to go to Strawberry Fields and visit the John Lennon Memorial. Which reminds me of another goal of mine; to actually read the John Lennon biography I bought for 6 bucks last semester.


The Big Piano

We went to FAO Schwarz which is an 150 year old toy store that is three floors and has a giant doll factory, a giant dance on keyboard, and is every child's dream come true.

I had a great time in the city and can't wait to go back. Next time I want to go to Strawberry Fields in Central Park and go to Ellis Island and see the Statue of Liberty.

-Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment