Welcome to my blog!

Surprised as I am to say it, a new year has just begun. And as per tradition I have made several new years resolutions to myself. In order to self-motivate and help myself stay on track I decided to start a blog. I will be blogging about my photography, my passion for dance, my trails and errors with learning yoga and snowboarding, cooking, music, movies and anything else I may find interesting along the way.

I currently pursing my bachelors in Event Management in Burlington, VT and will be planning several fund-raising events in the future. I will be posting information about the events and encourage you to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

My favorite Disney movie as of lately has been Alice in Wonderland and after choosing my blog title I decide to use an appropriate pen name, just for fun.

My goal is to be posting every day but I will settle for weekly, we'll see how it goes.
Constructive criticism, questions or clarification, helpful tips or advice and positive thoughts are encouraged :)
xoxoAlice

Check out all of my photography: http://www.flickr.com/photos/throughthelookingglass23

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Todlers & Tiaras

I will admit watching bad reality TV is a guilty pleasure of mine and when I happened across Toddlers and Tiaras last night after watching one of my favorite TLC shows What Not To Wear, I was pretty excited. Why did is stop channel surfing to watch this train wreck of TV show? Because just like any car accident, you want to stop watching the absurdity but you just can't tear yourself away. Spoiled rotten 4 year olds with so much make up on they look like 22 year olds in tiny bodies being paraded around in costumes watching their moms dance like fools in the audience, sounds like a shitshow of stupid to me and that always entertaining on a Thursday night with a glass of wine.




Thank you Topanga for the brilliant example of this TV show. Let me be the first to say I miss Boy Meets World and all of the other TV shows of the 90's. Any one else have a think Shawn was so adorable and had a tiny crush on him?

Anyways I'm getting off topic, basically Toddlers and Tiaras is all about moms who were never pretty enough growing up reliving their childhoods vicariously through their poor daughters. Even sons are subjected to their mother's wrath by being forced to be "the daughters I never had". Another little known fact is that there are probably just as many pageant dads as there are moms, and they are just as bad if not worse!

YouTube won't allow me to embed the video so click the picture to see the video on YouTube.

Anyways, the show is absolutely ridiculous and I insist that you check it out if you are like me and enjoy yelling at the TV when you watch shows about over the top melodrama.

No comments:

Post a Comment